Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

House of Night

 There is a book series I've become enamored with of late, called The House of Night. The only problem being that, while I know almost everything that happens in the books, I've never actually read them. My mother has told me, in detail, almost everything that happens. And, for the really interesting parts, insists on reading that part to me. In the mean time I can't even seem to remember I actually have access to said books.

 Which, with my love of reading, is just sad. I even know what song was said to be playing in one of the most dramatic and depressing parts. Defying Gravity. Although when my aunt started reading the series, and got close to the part mentioned earlier, my mother and I played the song every time one of us saw her. Then again we do enjoy messing with her mind and she knows us well enough to know it meant something.

  Now about the series itself. It has a different view on vampyres. One I haven't really seen before. And an interesting main character. I also like how they portray figures like Nyx and Kalona. Hopefully the next book comes out soon and I remember where the earlier books from the series are in the house to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment